Highlighted Outreach Events
Los Angeles County
5/2 – State outreach coordinators provided a CCI presentation to mental health clinicians, advocates and case managers during the Pacific Clinics’ Health Navigator meeting in Pasadena. The Social Worker Resource Guide and Hospital Case Manager Toolkit were provided, along with materials for beneficiaries. Following the presentation, attendees asked many questions and reviewed the new section for advocates on CalDuals.org.
5/31 – Residents of the Bonnie Brae Village Apartments attended a CCI Health and Resource Fair in Los Angeles. Residents learned about Cal MediConnect’s benefits and eligibility, had their specific questions answered, and took part in on-site snacks, music, and low-impact exercise.
5/23 – Outreach staff tabled at the CalOptima Community Resource Fair in Orange County and shared information about the CCI and OneCare Connect with CalOptima employees and case managers. Resources, such as the Social Worker Resource Guide, Beneficiary Toolkit, Physician Toolkit, conversation guides, and OneCare Connect informational fliers in different languages, were provided to attendees. Outreach staff also answered questions about OneCare Connect benefits, care coordination, and other CCI-related topics.
San Diego County
5/16 – Beneficiaries, providers, and faith-based advocates learned about the CCI during a presentation at a food distribution event organized by Paradise Valley Seventh Day Adventist Community Church. The presentation covered coordinated care, protections available under continuity of care, and available resources for more information. Newly eligible duals were interested in eligibility requirements and the additional transportation, vision, and dental benefits available through Cal MediConnect.
5/31 – Providers, patient care coordinators, and billing staff took part in a CCI presentation at the Imaging Healthcare Specialist facility in Hillcrest. Attendees asked questions about billing and Cal MediConnect member administration and how Cal MediConnect was branded within each plan. Billing staff also had specific questions about how to bill for Cal MediConnect patients. Finally, resources like the newly revamped CalDuals website and printed materials were shared with attendees.
Santa Clara County
5/23 – Outreach staff tabled at a Senior Resource Fair in Mountain View. Over 200 seniors and providers attended. Attendees were primarily of Chinese, Indian and Vietnamese backgrounds and were interested in the transportation, care coordination, and vision benefits offered through Cal MediConnect.
Other Recent Outreach Events
Los Angeles County
- 5/3 – Informational table for advocates and providers at the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health’s 16th Annual Conference on Mental Health in Los Angeles
- 5/3 – CCI Health and Resource Fair for seniors and caregivers at the Parkview on the Park senior apartments in Los Angeles
- 5/6 – Informational table for beneficiaries, family members, and stakeholders at Pasadena Public Library in Pasadena (English, Spanish and Korean)
- 5/12 – Informational table for beneficiaries and community members during Homeless Care Days in Los Angeles (English, Spanish, Korean)
- 5/13 – Informational table for beneficiaries, caregivers, and other stakeholders at the Golden Future 50+ Future Years Expo in Pasadena
- 5/13 – Informational table at Successful Aging in Torrance
- 5/16 – Informational table for beneficiaries at Koreatown Senior and Community Center in Los Angeles (Korean)
- 5/17 – Presentation and health fair for seniors at West Hollywood Senior Center in Los Angeles (English, Russian, Spanish)
- 5/18 – Informational table at the Pacific Clinics’ 20th Annual Latino Mental Health Conference in San Gabriel
- 5/18 – Webinar for Los Angeles County advocates
- 5/19 – Webinar for Los Angeles County physicians
- 5/23 – Resource distribution to beneficiaries and advocates at Pasadena Accessibility & Disability Commissioners meeting in Pasadena
- 5/26 – Informational table for beneficiaries and service providers at Homeless Care Days in Los Angeles (English, Korean, Spanish)
- 5/31 – Presentation Central American, Asian, and Pacific Islander LGBTQ seniors and their case managers in Pico Union
- 5/17 – Webinar for Orange County physicians
Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
- 5/10- Informational table for beneficiaries, care providers and program administrators at the Peer Support Summit in Ontario
- 5/16 – Webinar for Inland Empire advocates
- 5/17 – Webinar for Inland Empire physicians
San Diego County
- 5/8 – Presentation for case managers and caregivers at Escondido Silvercrest Senior Residences in Escondido
- 5/16 – Presentation to beneficiaries and Azusa Pacific University nursing students at Summercrest Senior Center in San Diego
- 5/18 – Webinar for San Diego County advocates
- 5/24 – Presentation for physicians and staff at the office of Dr. Tri T. Nguyen in San Diego
- 5/24 – Presentation for pharmacists and staff at Care Pharmacy in San Diego
- 5/25 – Presentation for business development and outreach staff at Estate & Elder Law LLP’s Caregiver Coalition meeting in San Diego
Santa Clara County
- 5/7 – Informational table for beneficiaries, caregivers, and providers at the 6th Annual Fight Stroke Walk in San Jose (English, Spanish and Chinese)
- 5/11 – Informational table for advocates, providers, and caregivers at the Alzheimer’s Association of Northern California meeting in San Francisco (English, Spanish and Chinese)
- 5/18 – Webinar for Santa Clara County physicians
- 5/19 – Informational table for beneficiaries and caregivers during Be Ready: Senior Prepared resource fair in San Jose (English, Vietnamese and Chinese)
- 5/25 – Presentation for members of the Senior Commission Institutional Care and Protective Issues Committee in San Jose