Highlighted Outreach Events
Los Angeles County
6/2 – Outreach coordinators shared CCI information during the Los Angeles Aging Advocacy Coalition’s Summit on Aging. Over 400 advocates, community organizations, policymakers, beneficiaries, elected officials, government agencies, private sector companies, and other stakeholders attended the summit. The event’s theme was “Living and Thriving,” focusing on the personal experiences of aging in Los Angeles. Attendees asked questions about Cal MediConnect’s benefits, care coordination, and how to access CCI outreach services.
6/15 – Outreach staff presented on the value of care coordination and the CCI to a large audience of Southern California American Association of Service Coordinators at the California Endowment in Los Angeles. Service coordinators who are part of this chapter serve hundreds of Medi-Cal and Medicare beneficiaries across the county in residential facilities and case management programs. Service coordinators also shared beneficiary materials in various languages. information for case managers and social workers was also provided.
6/21 – The Angelus Plaza Senior Activity Center hosted their 2nd Annual CCI Health Fair for residents of Angelus Plaza Senior Apartments and community members. Twenty CCI-related organizations shared information about the CCI, Cal MediConnect, and other health information. Over 200 beneficiaries received information and accessed resources; including: on-site health screenings from the Tom Bradley Clinic, resources, exercise, music, and fellowship. Presentations were delivered in English, Korean, Mandarin, Taiwanese, and Cantonese.
6/20 – Over 60 providers and hospital staff members joined a OneCare Connect Town Hall Meeting at the Orange County Global Medical Center in Santa Ana. Attendees included physicians, intake and discharge nurses, registered nurses, nursing students, hospital social workers, hospital administrators, and representatives from participating agencies. The meeting featured a panel of experts who represented the Department of Health Care Services, The SCAN Foundation, OneCare Connect’s Community Advisory Board, CalOptima, and a participating physician from OneCare Connect. Following an overview of OneCare Connect, panelists shared their perspective on the program, survey and focus group data, information about Governor Brown’s proposed budget, and the budget’s potential impact on the CCI and the dual-eligible population.
San Bernardino County
6/17 – State outreach coordinators staffed an informational table at the Golden Future 50+ Expo in Ontario and fielded questions from seniors and advocates. Advocates also viewed a presentation, and asked about the plan’s benefits, care coordination, whom to contact, and information about state outreach services.
Santa Clara County
6/18 – Over 100 attendees took part in a CCI presentation at the Juneteeth Celebration and Health Fair. The event drew seniors, advocates, elected officials, and families, who wanted to learn more about care coordination and transportation benefits. As a result of the event, a regional supervisor and local councilmember asked for similar presentations to be delivered in their districts.
Other Recent Outreach Events
Los Angeles County
- 6/8 – Presentation to beneficiaries and caregivers living in East and West San Gabriel Valley
- 6/14 – Presentation to committee members of the LA County Department of Mental Health’s Cultural Competency Committee in Los Angeles
- 6/15 – Informational Forum and Resource Fair for beneficiaries and caregivers at Centro Medico de Huntington Park in Huntington Park (Spanish, English)
- 6/15 – Webinar for Los Angeles County advocates
- 6/16 – Webinar for Los Angeles County providers
- 6/16 – Informational forum and resource fair for beneficiaries, caregivers, and their family members at St. Martha Catholic Church in Huntington Park (Spanish)
- 6/17 – Informational table for beneficiaries, caregivers, and their family members at a health fair in East Los Angeles College in Monterey Park (Spanish, English)
- 6/17 – Informational table for beneficiaries and caregivers during a health fair hosted by Univision at East Los Angeles College in Monterey Park
- 6/21 – Presentation to commissioners, beneficiaries, and caregivers during the Los Angeles County Commission of Disabilities in Los Angeles
- 6/24 – Informational table for beneficiaries and caregivers at Norwalk Senior Center’s annual Green Tea Week Health & Wellness event in Norwalk (English, Spanish, Korean and Chinese)
- 6/30 – Material distribution and outreach to enrollment supervisors and clinic supervisosr at Los Angeles Christian Health Centers in Los Angeles (English, Spanish, and Chinese)
- 6/7 – Materials distribution and outreach to caregivers, healthcare providers, and advocates at Orange County Aging Services Collaborative’s general meeting at Alzheimer’s Orange County in Irvine.
- 6/14 – Materials distribution and outreach to caregivers, healthcare providers, and advocates at Enhancing the Aging Experience Together: The OC Strategic Plan for Aging Delhi Community Center in Santa Ana (English, Spanish).
- 6/14 – Materials distribution for stakeholders, caregivers, healthcare providers, and advocates at Orange County Communications Workgroup in Orange.
Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
- 6/23 – Informational table for beneficiaries and caregivers at Fontana Community Service Center’s Health Fair in Fontana (English, Spanish Korean and Chinese).
San Diego County
- 6/10 – Informational table for Filipino-American beneficaireis and caregivers at the Oceanside Filipino Independence Day Celebration & Fair in Oceanside (English, Tagalog).
- 6/21 – Staff presentation at Congregational Tower’s 50th Anniversary Celebration in Chula Vista (English, Tagalog).
- 6/27 – CCI forum and discussion panel for case workers, caregivers, and beneficiaries at El Cajon Silvercrest Residences in San Diego.
- 6/29 – Presentation for caregivers, providers, and community advocates for seniors at the San Diego Coalition meeting in San Diego.
Santa Clara County
- 6/4 – A presentation and informational table were made available at the Buddhist Tzu Chi Summer Health Fair (English, Chinese).
- 6/9 – Informational table for seniors and caregivers at the Senior Walk in San Jose.