March 2013 Readiness Report
As required by SB 1008, this report provides an update on the status of the following readiness criteria and activities:
- Contract/Funding for Consumer Counseling and Education Services
- Demonstration Beneficiary Communications
- Health Plan Capitation Rates and Contracts
- Health Plan, Provider and County Agency Agreements
- Network Adequacy Standards
- Beneficiary and Health Plan Issue Resolution Procedures
- Appeals and Grievances Tracking System
- Customer Service Training Plan
- Continuity of Care
- Quality Evaluation Measures
- Health Plan Reporting Requirements
October 2012 Transition Plan
The Department of Health Care Services developed a programmatic transition with the State Department of Social Services, Department of Aging, and Department of Managed Health Care. The transition plan describes:
- How access and quality of service shall be maintained during and after implementation of the CCI to prevent disruption of services to beneficiaries.
- Operational steps, timelines, and key milestones for determining when and how core beneficiary protection provisions will be implemented.
- The process for addressing consumer complaints, including the roles and responsibilities of the departments and health plans and how those roles and responsibilities shall be coordinated.
- How stakeholders have been included in the various phases of the planning process and how their feedback shall be taken into consideration after transition activities begin.
Documents to Download:
- Final Transition Plan (Oct. 1, 2012)
- Errata 1 (Oct. 10, 2912)
- Cover memo summarizing changes (Oct. 1, 2012)
- Stakeholder Comments (Oct. 1, 2012)
- Red-lined Transition Plan (version that shows edits) (Oct. 1, 2012)
- Draft CCI Transition Plan (August 27, 2012)