Highlighted Outreach Events
Los Angeles County
12/10 – State outreach coordinators provided information about Cal Mediconnect to beneficiaries, caregivers and families at Bell Community Center’s Feria de Salud (Health Fair). Attendees learned about the benefits of Cal MediConnect, care coordination, continuity of care, eligibility, and important contact information. They also received fact sheets on Cal MediConnect and care coordination as well as Beneficiary Toolkits.
12/13 – Ventana Affordable Senior Housing in Fullerton hosted a OneCare Connect Informational Forum and Resource Fair. Outreach coordinators delivered CCI presentations in both English and Korean, which covered plan benefits, enrollment, care coordination, authorizations, continuity of care, and how to become an authorized representative. A medical provider also addressed the audience and answered specific questions. Following the presentations, seniors had the opportunity to get other questions answered one-on-one and learn about other community resources from collaborating agencies during a resource fair.
12/14 – State outreach coordinators gave a presentation to beneficiaries and staff about the CCI and OneCare Connect at Latino Health Access in Santa Ana. Participants learned about the program’s options, enrollment process, new benefits, care coordination, continuity of care, and the authorized representative process. Following the main presentation, presenters fielded questions about OneCare Connect’s benefits. Finally, collaborative partners shared pertinent Medicare and Medi-Cal information and answered participant questions.
Other Recent Outreach Events
Los Angeles County
- 12/2 – Information table at Providence Gardens Senior Apartments’ Senior Health Fair in Long Beach
- 12/9 – Tabling at the Homeless Care Days at MacArthur Park for beneficiaries who are experiencing homelessness in Los Angeles (English/Spanish)
- 12/15 – Webinar for providers
- 12/16 – Information table for beneficiaries, families and caregivers at the Southern California Women’s Health Conference and Expo in Pasadena (English/Spanish/Korean/Mandarin)
- 12/17 – Information table for beneficiaries, families and caregivers at the Inspired Enrichment Community Development Center Community and Health Fair in South Los Angeles (English/Spanish)
Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
- 12/20 – Webinar for advocates
- 12/21 – Webinar for providers
Santa Clara County
- 12/5 – Information table for seniors at the Vietnamese Family Support Group in San Jose
- 12/6 – Information table for seniors at the Santee and McLaughlin Area Tenants Neighborhood meeting in San Jose