Who Can Join a Cal MediConnect Health Plan?
If you have both Medicare and Medi-Cal (meaning you are a dual-eligible beneficiary, also known as Medi-Medi), you may qualify for Cal MediConnect.
Most people with full Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits can join a Cal MediConnect health plan, but there are some exclusions.
You do not qualify to join Cal MediConnect if you:
- Are younger than 21.
- Have partial benefits or other health coverage.
- Are enrolled in a Home and Community Based Services waiver (except Multipurpose Senior Services Program [MSSP]; all others must disenroll from all other HCBS programs to be eligible for the Cal MediConnect).
- Have developmental disabilities.
- Have End-Stage Renal Disease (exception for San Mateo & Orange counties).
- Are enrolled in PACE and/or AIDS Health Care Foundation (you must disenroll from these programs to be eligible for the Cal MediConnect).