Created by the Affordable Care Act, this office is providing new opportunities to facilitate coordination between the federal government and states for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees (dual eligibles) to ensure high-quality care and full access to covered services in both programs.
Find general information on Medicare, eligibility information, guides to choose a prescription drug or Medicare Advantage plan, and quality information on nursing homes and dialysis centers.
Important Federal Documents for the Duals Demonstration
- Medicare Star Rating 2014 (March 2014)
- California Readiness Review Tool (March 2013)
- Updated Joint Rate-Setting Process Under the Capitated Financial Alignment Demonstration (February 2013)
- Medicare Star Ratings 2013 (November 2012)
- Capitated Financial Alignment Demonstration FAQs (April 2012)
- Financial Alignment Demonstration Proposal Instructions
- Plan Guidance for Capitated Financial Alignment Demonstration (March 29, 2012)
- 2013 Capitated Financial Alignment Demonstration Application (March 2012)
- FA Demonstrations Standards and Conditions Cover Page (February 2012)
- CMS guidance to health plans interested in offering capitated financial models for the duals demonstration (January 2012)
- CMS Health Plan Guidance PowerPoint Slides (January 2012)
- State Medicaid Director’s Letter (July, 8 2011)
- Frequently Asked Questions